How to book sessions
This gives you the flexibility to log in to any zones that have availability,
as well as the option to book and cancel sessions – right inside the app.
Watch this helpful how-to video and get all the details.
Self-serve booking allows you to choose to book sessions in advance or, where more riders are needed, go online the moment you want to start – giving you the freedom to fit work around your life.
Our new system can accurately predict customer demand and the number of riders required in any given place and at any given time. This means there are never too few riders to deliver a great service or so many that your earnings suffer.
How booking works
Sessions become available one week in advance and are released in the app every Monday at 17.00. For example, sessions released for booking on Monday 4th December would cover the week beginning Monday 11th December.
It’s also possible to gain priority access at 11:00 and 15:00. Priority access to booking is available to riders who provide the most consistent, quality service. This is determined based on the following:
- Attendance – a session will count as ‘attended’ when you are logged in and online for at least 20% of a booked session, and when you choose to complete at least one delivery, if you are offered at least two deliveries in a session.
- Late cancellation – percentage of sessions you’ve cancelled with less than 24-hour notice
- Super-peak participation – the number of sessions you’ve worked during the busiest periods
(18:00 – 20:00 on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday)
You’ll see your numbers for these statistics in the app. They change each week based on how you’ve chosen to work and how your statistics compare to other riders in your area. On Sunday mornings, the statistics are locked and you’ll receive a push notification with your release time for the next day.
Other new features
From Monday 30 September 2019, zones SGBJ, SGBQ, and SGSP will switch to ‘free log in’. In these zones, you can log in when you want to work and begin accepting orders, with no need to book sessions in the Planner. Learn more
Going on holiday or have a change of plans? No problem, to cancel a booking go to the My Bookings screen, tap Change next to the relevant booking and turn off the switch on the pop-up modal. Just remember to avoid making a late cancellation (less than 24 hours in advance) this could affect your statistics.
By tapping Request Weekly for a session, you automatically request to book the same session on that day/time for the weeks ahead. The allocation of weekly requests is be based on:
- Priority group – if you are in a priority group, you are more likely to be allocated your request weekly sessions
- Your recent activity – the more sessions you have attended over the past few weeks, the more weekly requests you may be allocated
- Demand – as order volumes change week on week, the number of available sessions will also change
Once a booking is confirmed, you see a green Booked tag in the My Bookings section of the app.
If you want to book a specific session but none are available for your preferred zone, tap the Notify button to receive a push notification if that session becomes available. Notifications are sent at 11:30, 15:30 and 18:00 each day. If you’d rather not be notified, you can also check back throughout the week to pick up extra sessions as they become available.