Challenge 25 for alcohol deliveries
We’re on a mission to create the best food delivery experience out there and you play a big part in helping make that happen. Safety for everyone is our priority, which is why it’s really important that you always carry out deliveries safely and responsibly.
It is against the law to deliver alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
You can now check ID for alcohol deliveries in-app. Checking ID is an extremely important responsibility as a rider working with Deliveroo. This process means that we’ll very clearly let you know before you accept a delivery that it contains alcohol.
When you pick up an order from the restaurant, please check the receipt to make yourself aware if there is alcohol included and follow these steps to make sure the customer you deliver to is over 18:
- Ask for ID from any customer who looks 25 or younger, to confirm they are over 18.
- Look at their ID card and look at the person offering the ID card to verify that it is the same person.
- Confirm it is a valid and acceptable form of ID
- The app will prompt you to request a valid form of ID and confirm the customer’s date of birth
- The app will work out whether the customer’s old enough and let you know whether or not you can complete the delivery
If a customer is unable to provide ID and is unhappy or disputes your decision, please direct them to contact our customer support.
What should you do if customer is not contactable?
If you ever come across a situation where the customer is uncontactable, do not leave the alcohol unattended or leave it at a receptionist/guardhouse.
If the whole order consists of alcohol
Dispose of the alcohol reasonably. Call the rider support live ops hotline +6531584714 for assistance.
If the order is a mix of food and alcoholic drinks
Dispose of the alcohol reasonably and place the food and non-alcoholic drinks somewhere safe after using the "Customer uncontactable" function. Call the rider support live ops hotline +6531584714 for assistance.