From today the pick up and delivery of all orders must be contact-free. This is to help protect the safety and health of everyone in Singapore as the COVID-19 outbreak continues.
Contact-free pick up
We have asked all of our restaurant partners to introduce contact-free pick up for Deliveroo riders.
To enable contact-free pick up, many restaurants will:
- Continue to properly seal all packaging and bags using tape or stickers
- Create a waiting area for riders inside the restaurant where they can wait a safe distance away from each other
- Create a waiting area for other riders outside the restaurant – riders should stay a safe distance away from other riders and staff while waiting outside even if there is no dedicated waiting area
- Create pick up areas, as far from food preparation as possible, that means no direct contact between riders and restaurant staff will be required to pick up an order
- Have someone from their team manage pick ups during busy times
- Make sure that only 1 order at a time is collected from a pick up area
- Make soap and water or hand sanitising gel available to riders whenever possible
Please make sure that you bring your thermal bag into the restaurant with you when picking up an order. You should always place the order in your thermal bag and seal it before leaving the restaurant.
Restaurant wait times may be impacted because of this exceptional situation, so we ask for your patience and understanding during this time. We also ask that you respect social distancing recommendations at all times and remain at least 2 metres away from others while you wait.
Every time a customer places a new order, ‘Contact-free delivery’ will now be automatically selected. We have sent an email to our customers to tell them that all orders will be delivered this way from now on.
Follow these steps when making a contact-free delivery:
- Let the customer know you’ve arrived
- Place your thermal bag open on the ground outside their door
- Step back at least 2 metre and wait nearby for them to collect it
- Mark the order as delivered only when you’ve seen the customer collect it
If the order contains age restricted products like alcohol or tobacco, you should still check for the minimum age. Ask the customer to hold their ID up for you to check, but don’t take it from them.
Helping protect the safety of our riders, restaurant partners and customers is extremely important during this time. With this in mind, please make sure to follow this process with every delivery. If we receive several reports about a rider not following Deliveroo’s contact-free policy, their Supplier Agreement may be terminated.
If you start to feel ill or test positive for COVID-19, follow all medical advice, do not log in and let us know immediately
For official guidance, please visit this link. If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19, don’t hesitate to contact our dedicated Rider Support team.