E-scooter riders: we’re here to help you change your vehicle

From Tuesday 5 November e-scooters are not allowed to ride on footpaths. On Friday 8 November, it was announced that the Land Transport Authority is working with Deliveroo and other food delivery companies in Singapore to offer a financial grant to e-scooter riders who wish to switch to a different vehicle.

Riders are at the heart of everything we do, and we will continue to do our best to support you in transitioning to a new vehicle so you can continue to access the flexible work that you value. We have now launched this scheme, and eligible riders (active Deliveroo e-scooter account holders) have been contacted directly with further instructions.

Eligible riders can receive a reimbursement of up to $600 towards the purchase of a new bicycle, or up to $1000 for the purchase of a new power-assisted bicycle (PAB) or personal mobility aid (PMA).

If you have completed 20 deliveries or more from 9 Oct – 7 Nov, we will send you 100% of the reimbursement once we have confirmed your purchase of the new vehicle, and you have disposed of your e-scooter. If you have completed less than 20 deliveries during the same period, then 80% will be sent initially, with the remaining 20% being sent after you complete a further 20 deliveries within a month after switching to the new vehicle.

We’d like to thank all e-scooter riders for their patience during this difficult time, and we look forward to continue working with you.

Which riders are eligible?

Anyone with an active Deliveroo e-scooter account who completed at least one delivery from 9 Oct – 7 Nov is eligible.

How do eligible riders participate in this scheme?

Eligible riders have been contacted directly with instructions. You will need to:

  • Complete an application form
  • Have this approved by the LTA, who will check if any applications have already been made with another delivery company
  • Bring your e-scooter to be traded in for disposal
  • Purchase your new bicycle, PAB, or PMA
  • Submit the original proof of purchase to receive a reimbursement of up to $600 or $1000 (for bicycles or PAB/PMAs respectively) that will be added to your next invoice.

How soon will I receive the reimbursement amount?

Once we have received the original proof of purchase of your new vehicle, we will add the reimbursement to your next invoice, which will then be sent your bank as part of the subsequent pay cycle. Remember that only 80% will be initially sent if you completed less than 20 deliveries from 9 Oct – 7 Nov. The remainder will be sent after you complete a further 20 deliveries within a month after switching to the new vehicle.

How can I ride in the meantime?

We know how important it is for you to keep riding so you can carry on earning during this transition period. If you don’t already have access to an alternative vehicle, we strongly recommend walking in the CBD since you can get started right away! If you would like to switch to a Walker, please let us know!

What if I’ve already disposed of my e-scooter?

If you already claimed the LTA’s early disposal incentive of $100 and are a rider who is eligible for reimbursement, you will instead receive up to up to $500 or $900 for a new bicycle or PAB/PMA respectively. If you surrendered your PMD at an LTA disposal point, you’ll need to enter your RM number and the date of disposal in the application form.

What if I purchased my new vehicle before this scheme was announced?

You will still be reimbursed if you purchased your new vehicle from 4 November onwards.

Please refer to the additional terms and conditions set out by LTA for more information.