How we are supporting Deliveroo riders impacted by COVID-19
At Deliveroo we take the safety of our riders, restaurants and customers extremely seriously, in particular at this time when reports of COVID-19 are Increasing. We know that you will want to make sure you stay safe during this period, as well as help protect the health of restaurant partners and customers. Below are a set of small but important steps you can take to help achieve this. We will keep this, and you, updated as the situation progresses.
Support Fund for Deliveroo riders impacted by Coronavirus
In the unlikely event that you are placed under Quarantine Order, Leave of Absence OR Stay-home Notice, Deliveroo will provide loss of income support. A rider who is placed under Quarantine Order, Leave of Absence OR Stay-home Notice will be eligible to receive $180 per week for up to two weeks from Deliveroo on top of the Quarantine Order Allowance Scheme (QOA) or Leave of Absence Support Programme (LOASP) provided by the government. The following criteria must be met for a rider to be eligible:
- Have medical proof that you have been diagnosed OR placed under quarantine for COVID-19 (Leave of Absence, Stay-Home Notice and Quarantine Order)
- An active rider with 4-week average earning higher than 215 SGD
World Health Organisation Guidance
The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading coronavirus:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Further Singapore’s Ministry of Health guidance is available online here.
Staying Safe while working with Deliveroo
Play your part in containing the spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) by being socially responsible. We will get through this together with everyone’s support to ensure your health and hygiene is always on checked. Remember, you can choose to cancel any booked sessions in-app and if you are feeling unwell, please do not attempt to complete any deliveries. You’re advised to follow these recommendations below:
- Make sure to regularly wash your Deliveroo kit or clothes you wear while riding. Click here to order new or replace your kit.
- Wipe down your thermal bag before and after each time you ride.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly before you go online, and carry a bottle of hand sanitiser with you so you can keep them clean throughout your time on the road.
- Always store food in your thermal bag to help minimise the risk exposure to any potentially infectious airborne material.
- Seal your bag as soon as you’ve packed an order and keep it closed until you’ve reached the customer’s location.
- Regularly check the World Health Organisation website to keep up to date on the advice that they provide.
- Do not log in if you begin to feel unwell or display any symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Seek medical attention straight away and avoid close contact with others. If you have booked slots that you need to cancel, reach out to us so we can help you.
- Notify us as soon as possible in the unlikely event if you have been tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus), so our team can ensure you receive the necessary assistance from Deliveroo.
Working with Restaurant Partners
We have also shared guidance with our restaurant partners to help ensure their premises and employees stay as clean and safe as possible. With this in mind, we have advised them to:
- Minimise the number of people who are exposed to food by considering the area in which they have riders wait to collect food. We’ve asked that the area where riders wait is kept clean and separate from the area where food is being prepared.
- Ensure all packaging and bags are properly sealed using tape or staples before it’s handed over to a rider. This is to prevent potentially infectious airborne material from coming in contact with the food during delivery.
- We have also encouraged restaurant partners to double bag delivery orders so that food is kept safe inside before it is handed to the customer.
Temperature-taking measures implemented in various places
As the government has raised the DORSCON level to orange, many private institutions including restaurant partners have taken measures to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. Security premises in condominiums and restaurants may require temperature-taking of all visitors and delivery personnel. We urge all riders to abide by these safety measures that are being put into place.
If you’re accepting orders from restaurants in hospitals, please follow specific instructions that may be added in-app. From now till further notice, please take note of the following pickup procedures at these specific merchants/locations:
- Riders picking up orders from Subway at Mount Alvernia Hospital will have to call the outlet upon reaching the main entrance of the hospital. The contact number will be provided in the restaurant note. Staff from the outlet will then bring the order personally to you.
- Riders picking up orders from all Pizza Hut outlets are required to have their temperatures taken and recorded. Riders with a temp. of 37.5 degrees and above will not be allowed to pick up the order.
- Riders picking up orders from all Shan Sheng Group and OLDTOWN White Coffee are also required to have their temperatures taken.
- To reduce the risk of being infected, if you are delivering food to a hospital, please leave the food in the hospital’s reception or front desk. Let the customer know you have left their order there.
- When collecting orders at all Burger King outlets, you’re advised to follow control measures as recommended below:
Social distancing within the outlet especially at the collection points at the store’s counter. Riders are to maintain social distancing while waiting or picking up their order.
Sanitise hands before picking up the order. BK has placed bottles of hand sanitiser at the collection counter specifically for riders to use before collection of the food orders.
No riders are allowed to pack the food and drinks and must approach crew members for collection.
Do look out for health advisory and comply with these control measures strictly.
We are here to help you with your concerns
We strongly urge you to keep yourself informed by following regular updates from the Ministry of Health and to contact Rider Support Team if you have any concerns that need to be addressed. In the unlikely event that you become quarantined or hospitalised by COVID-19, please get in touch with by completing this form. At this juncture, we regret to inform you that any walk-in to our office will also be rejected, so please reach out to us via our online support channel only. Additionally, surgical masks are made available if you require them across all Editions sites at the following addresses:
- 114 Lavender St, #01-15 CT Hub 2, Singapore, 338729
- 332 Tanjong Katong Rd, Singapore 437107
- 29 Media Cir #01-02/03, Singapore, 138565
Your well-being is our priority and we will continue to monitor the development of Novel Coronavirus in Singapore closely.
Follow Ministry of Health
You’re advised to follow Singapore Ministry of Health for the latest update at https://www.moh.gov.sg/